Latest Highlight

More Rape Victims Discovered In Kyet Yoe Pyin And Killing Continued in Du Dan Village

RB News 
November 20, 2016 

Maungdaw, Arakan – More Rohingya women believed to have been raped by the Myanmar Military and Border Guard Police (BGP) were discovered in Kyet Yoe Pyin village on November 18th, 2016. A group of Rohingya villagers were killed in Du Dan village on November 19th. 

On November 18th, 2016 at 5:30 AM the military and BGP surrounded Kyet Yoe Pyin, Nga Sar Kyu and U Shey Kya villages, and then raided them shortly after. The security forces arrived in the morning and remained stationed there until around midnight, according to local villagers. 

Initial reports from the villagers claimed that three women were raped but later on more victims were discovered. The villagers confirmed that a total of eight girls were raped by the military and BGP. The victims were as young as 11 years old. Other victims were said to be 13, 15, 16, and 17 years old. Two of the victims are considered to be in very critical condition, a local woman informed RB News

The military and BGP were also reported looting gold and cash valued at 2.2 million Myanmar Kyat from four villages. 

On November 19th at 9 AM a group of 100 military and BGP forces raided Sin Thay Pyin hamlet of Laung Don village tract. The women in the village gathered together fearing they may be raped by the security forces when they arrived in th village. The military found them and tried to separate them and force them back to their homes, but the women refused, wanting to stay together for safety. The security forces were reported to have then beaten some men that they found in the village, while looting all valuables they found, including food and livestock valued at around 150,000 Kyat. They destroyed many homes in the village and then left for Nga Sar Kyu village. 

At 2 PM the military based in Kyein Chaung raided Lambagun hamlet in Du Dan village tract. These women were also afraid the army will be raped if they remained and they fled from their village. The men fled as well in fear of torture. With the village empty the military was able to loot and destroy everything. By 4pm the Military had reached Du Dan hamlet. The villagers fled on foot to Ahet Pyuma village. They reported that the military fired at them continuously as they were swimming across a river to get to Ahet Pyuma. 

An 18 year old woman named Woobaida, who is the daughter of Karim Ullah and a man named Einus, who is the son of Abul Kalam, were both shot at this time. Einus was reported dying on the spot, while Woobaida survived initial shots, but was spotted with her injuries across the river by the military. It was reported by a villager to RB News that soldiers then came and shot her three more times at close range to kill her. The soldiers then took her dead body and left it at a house inside the village and left the village at 6pm. 

While villagers were running and attempting to cross the river two are believed to have drowned, but their bodies have not been located as of yet to confirm this. Another child was shot by the military while crossing, but was able to escape. 

On the same day at 2 PM a group of 100 soldiers raided Ngan Chaung village and arrested more than 200 villagers.They then interrogated and released all of the Ngan Chaung villagers. Another 80 villagers remained in custody and were from Kyet Yoe Pyin, Yay Khae Chaung Khwa Sone, Pwint Phyu Chaung, Dar Gyi Sar and Kyar Gaung Taung but were taking shelter in Ngan Chaung. The villagers were taken to the BGP headquarters based in Kyee Kan Pyin villages.

Reporting by MYARF and Rohingya Eye.

The man in Du Dan was shot dead by Myanmar military on November 19, 2016

Write A Comment

Rohingya Exodus