Five Rohingyas Allegedly Tortutred in Sittwe By Myanmar Military
October 11, 2016
Sittwe, Arakan – Five Rohingyas who were taking care of their farms in the late evening were tortured by Myanmar military, according to local reports.
On Monday, October 10th, 2016 at 9:45pm five Rohingyas from Say Tha Ma Gyi village who were staying in tents were taking care of their farms. The military saw them while patrolling near the farms. The men were said to have been called over by military men and they were inhumanely beaten without any reason. The military asked them to come to Pan Lin Pyin military outpost on next day, which is today at the time of this writing.
The five military officers who reportedly beat the innocents were said to be from Battalion 263 led by Lt. Col. Hlaing Min Htet.
The name of victims are:
(1) Dowllah (18-year-old) son of Abukar Siddik
(2) Hamind (35-year-old) son of Basamiah
(3) Hanfuru (25-year-old) son of Nur Ahmed
(4) Salim (25-year-old) son of Mamad Huson
(5) Habiullah (45-year-old) son of Abulusson
Photos of the victims: