Latest Highlight

An Innocent Rohingya Beaten To Death By Myanmar Military In Maungdaw

RB News 
May 7, 2014 

Maungdaw, Arakan – An innocent Rohingya man from Maungdaw Township of Arakan State was inhumanely beaten to death by Myanmar military based in Maungdaw Township. 

Mohammed Einous S/o Mohammed Hashim (Age 30), from Myoma Kayin Tan village in Maungdaw Township was accused of possessing a pistol that authorities said he brought from Bangladesh. He was arrested by military led by deputy commander, Major Kyaw Zin Tun, of battalion (354) based in Maungdaw Township. He was arrested on May 4, 2014 at 11 pm from his home. He was brought to the high school situated in the same village and was brutally beaten by military men since the time he was in their custody. His head was broken and he was unable to move his hands and legs due to severe torturing by the military men. 

As his condition became worse the military handed over him to Maungdaw police station on May 5, 2014 at 2 am. He was again tortured by the police in the lock-up until 5 PM in the evening. As the police noticed that his condition was approaching death they sent him back home by a rickshaw. 

Mohammed Einous passed away on May 6, 2014 at 3 am at his house. He earned a living by working as a driver. The military didn’t find any pistol at his house when they searched his home, yet they arrested him and tortured him to death. The military didn’t inform village administration when they arrested him and arresting military alone is out of the rules and regulations. 

The main person responsible for the death of Mohammed Einous is Major Kyaw Zin Tun. Major Kyaw Zin Tun didn’t even apology Einous’s family, although he knows that Einous had died. Even though the family of Einous and the villagers are extremely upset with the death of Einous they are unable to seek justice as the law in Myanmar does not protect the Rohingya people.

MYARF & Rohingya Eye contributed in reporting.

Write A Comment

Rohingya Exodus