At least 92 Innocent Rohingya Civilians Killed And More Than 700 Houses Torched
October 16, 2016
Maungdaw, Arakan – At least 92 innocent Rohingya civilians have been killed and more than 700 Rohingya houses have been burnt down by the Myanmar army. This all since the attacked took place at Border Guard Police headquarters and other two BGP outposts in the early morning of October 9th in Maungdaw Township and Rathedaung Township of Arakan State.
Since the morning of October 9th, the Myanmar army have been killing innocent Rohingya civilians including elderly, women and minor children by shooting, hacking to death and slaughtering. The soldiers are torching the houses and shops of Rohingyas during the day time without any hesitation. They are looting rations, valuable gold, jewellery and cash. The worst is destroying the citizenship evidence like National Registration Card and household registration list, etc.
The military is publicizing news through state media are describing the people the Military killed as dead terrorists and the arrestees are as terrorists as well. The Rohingyas are saying that those are very painful for them as the government is propagating something and ignoring reality.
Here is the quantity of the houses burnt and village names:
(1) Wabaik hamlet, Kyi Gan Pyin village tract (At least 30 houses)
(2) Kyet Yoe Pyin village tract (Over 500 houses)
(3) Nga Sa Kyu village tract (including Pyaung Pyaik hamlet) (At least 150 houses)
(4) Ngan Chaung village tract (At least 20 houses)
As of now there are more than 10,000 internally displaced people in Maungdaw. Children, women and the elderly only can take refuge in nearby villages. The men are on the run as they are seeing the military are shooting anyone without any reason and arresting them. They all are facing difficulties for food and there is no health care at all. Most of the youth are very scared now as they see how the military is brutally killing innocent people . They are in need of emotional support.
Here is the list of the Rohingya civilians killed by Myanmar army:
(1) Kyet Yoe Pyin village tract – more than 50 persons
(2) Myo Thu Gyi village tract – 7 persons
(3) U Shin Gya village tract – 6 persons
(4) Kyauk Pyin Seik village tract – 5 persons
(5) Wabaik hamlet, Kyi Gan Pyin village tract – 8 persons
(6) Maung Na Ma village tract – 1 person
(7) Nga Sa Kyu village tract – 1 person
(8) Du Dan village tract – 1 person
(9) Aung Sit Pyin village tract – 6 persons
(10) Aout Pyu Ma village tract – 4 persons
(11) Nga Ku Ra village tract – 1 person – total 92 persons.
These lists are of today, October 15th, 2016. The actual list of death is much more than we received. There are many missing. As the people can go to one to another village and can’t charge their phones due to lack of electricity, we are unable to update the list. We will post the updated list once available.
Report contributed by MYARF.