Press Statement: Save Rohingya ethnic minority from Genocide and protect their rights
Save Rohingya ethnic minority from Genocide and protect their rights
We, the undersigned organizations are deeply concerned over the on planned way genocidal actions against innocent Rohingya people through their exclusion from ongoing census 2014.
The ruling Burmese government official is grossly involved in conducting ethnic cleansing of Rohingya for decades, which has already transformed to genocide in the recent time. With a view to achieving the goals of Genocide against indigenous ethnic Rohingya in Arakan State, the Burmese Government officials are systematically empowering the extremist Buddhist gangs and engaging its ceasefire groups to killing the Rohingya innocent civilians, while these ceasefire groups are hugely inviting their rebel counterparts from Bangladesh, India and China.
All these groups and Burmese security forces are merely receiving technical supports from high handed power that gives extra ordinary and uncontrollable courage in pushing out the western authorities, humanitarian agencies and international observers through the uses of extremist religious weapons in Southeast Asian region.
It is very true that President Thein Sein led the current Burmese quasi-civilian Government has already betrayed with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Department for International Development (DFID), donor countries and agencies in keeping government commitment of conducting the census as international standards, while the Burmese Government has assaulted the world’s humanitarian processes through systematic attacks on INGOs and NGOs offices and country-wide violence eruptions in order to push out the International Agencies and Humanitarian Groups from Burma.
We affirm that when the Burmese Government is able to make weakening the international witnesses in Burma, its plans toward massive killings will start up as unexpected genocide. In this regard, we appeal to the international community as follows:
1. To push United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to arrange an emergency session to send United Nations Peacekeeping Mission in Arakan State, Burma as urgent as possible that only protect massive killings and mass graves in the country.
2. To exert effective pressure on Burma for urgent suspension of the census and to re-conduct a fresh in line with international standards and human rights principles as fulfillment of Government commitment in allowing ethnic Rohingya to fill up their original name “ROHINGYA” and stop unlawful propaganda of “BENGALI”.
3. To retrieve the funds of UNFPA, DFID and other donors to save the lives of innocent, defenseless and helpless indigenous Rohingya ethnic minority with their full citizenship rights and human security as per international treaties and norms.
1. Arakan Observer Group
2. Australian Burmese Rohingya Association (ABRA)
3. Burmese Rohingya American Friendship Association (BRAFA)
4. Burmese Rohingya Association of Queensland-Australia (BRAQA)
5. Canadian Burmese Rohingya Organization (CBRO)
6. Rohingya Arakanese Refugee Committee (RARC), Malaysia
7. Rohingya Concern International (RCI), USA
8. Rohingya Education and Development Organization (REDO)
9. Rohingya National League for Peace and Development (RNLD)
10. Rohingya Ulama Council (RUC), Malaysia
11. Rohingya Youth Development Forum (RYDF), Arakan-Burma